As the year [finally] comes to a close this weekend, I thought I’d share 16 lessons I learned from 2016:
- Adversity comes in many forms.
- You can’t please everyone, so follow your own path.
- Success is subjective, but not relative.
- Support those who support you.
- Give without expecting to receive.
- Communication is still key even in confrontation.
- Show your friends and family you appreciate them.
- When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
- Embrace vulnerability.
- Continue to be kind, but don’t let others take advantage of your kindness.
- Life hardly goes according to plan and that’s okay.
- Letting go, in every way, is healthy and necessary.
- Relationships change because people change, but change is good.
- Personal growth is a cycle, so soak in the sunshine and weather the storms.
- Say yes more.
- The longest relationship you’ll ever be in is with yourself–cater to it.
I hope everyone had a happy holiday and please be safe this New Year’s Eve.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!